PAN card can now be applied online and after submitting all the details it needs now just 2-3 days to get your card. There was a time when it needs even 20 days for issuing PAN card but today everything has been changed. Please follow below instructions to get PAN card within a week:
It is possible to get duplicate PAN card and so follow the below-mentioned process:
One who wishes to apply for PAN card offline can make it easy by following the below-mentioned process:
Documents which shows you are a citizen of India will be required while applying for PAN card online or offline. Address proof is the most important documents for everyone who is required to get a card. There is a situation when minors apply for PAN card and so in such situation parents or minors’ documents can be submitted. Some other proofs which are required while applying for PAN card are Voter card copy, ration card which has photography of applicant, passport copy, copy of driving license, Arm’s license, Aadhar card copy, photo identity card, central government health scheme card, Bank certificate which should have photo of applicant along with account number, copy of pensioner card with photo of applicant. One could even have a certificate of identity which must be signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor but makes sure it should be original.
Submitting PAN card form also requires to attach a copy of some documents for verification. Below is a list of documents whose copy can be submitted along with PAN card but make sure that the first, five documents copy should not be more than 3 months old.
PAN card is not only required by Indian citizen as there are many situations when even one who has Indian origin might also require PAN as identity proof.
- Passport copy
- Person of Indian Origin card copy which is issued by Indian Government
- Copy of Overseas citizenship of India which is also issued by Indian Government
- Copy of Citizenship Identification Number of other nation or even Tax Payer Identification number which is attested by Apostille or consulate of a country.
- Documents which are required to address proof of any foreign citizen are as below:
- Passport copy
- Person of Indian origin copy or overseas citizenship of India issued by Indian Government.
- Copy of Visa can also be submitted or even appointment letter is valid which is issued by an Indian company.
- An original certificate which has Indian address is also valid but it must be issued by an employer.
- Copy of bank statement at the place of residence or even a copy of non-resident external bank account statements.
- Copy of registration certificate that gives confirmation you are of Indian origin and it should be issued by Forewing’s Registration Office.
Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) requires below-mentioned documents for PAN Application
In India, if there is a joint family who conducts family business which is been shared by all family members can apply for Hindu Undivided Families. This type of PAN Card Application is required when there is joint income and it can be helpful in Income Tax. One who is applying for such PAN card is required to submit some documents that can verify customer. While applying for HUF there is a need to select a Karta who would represent the family.
Documents required while applying for HUF PAN Application is the declaration which is signed by Karta of the HUF. This declaration should have a name, father’s name along with an address of all members. Copy of other documents which shows proof that the member if the Karta of the Hindu Undivided Family.
Documents required by a company while applying for PAN card
Registered companies require fewer documents while applying for PAN card. These companies are required to have below-mentioned documents for PAN card:
- Registration Certificate copy which is issued by Registrar of Companies. It is to be applied by a company who is registered in India.
- A company who is registered outside India are required to have a copy of the certificate of registration which is issued by any Registrar of Firms or even Registrar of Partnership Deed. Along with it copy of Registration certificated which is issued in India. Copy of approval is also valid which is approved by any setup company which is in India.
- A firm which applies for PAN card is required to have documents which are registered in India.
- Limited Liability Partnership that applies for PAN application must have a copy of partnership deed or a copy of Registration Certificate granted by the Registrar of Limited Liability Partnerships. These are firms where none of the partners is responsible for any misconduct and all have limited liabilities.
How a firm registered outside India can apply for PAN card
It is possible for any firm which is registered outside India to apply for PAN card. Documents required for such a firm are as mentioned below:
- Registration Certificate Copy or approval granted copy which is issued in India.
- Copy of Certificate of Registration that is issued by the Registrar of Firms.
- Partnership deed copy is also a valid document.
- Limited Liability Partnership which is been registered outside India needs to have documents like copy of the certificate of registration issued by the Registrar of Firms. Copy of Partnership deed is also a valid document. Copy of Registration Certificate that is issued in India or even copy for approval by any LLP in India can also be submitted by such partnership firm.
- Trusts which are registered or even formed in India are also required to submit supporting documents.
- Trust is an association of person who works as a unit that forms a group. They are able to hold any asset and such trust are formed with an aim.
Documents for Verification by Trust applying for PAN
Trusts which are registered in India need to have below a mentioned copy of documents:
- Certificated of Registration Number which is issues only by Charity commissioner
- Deed of Trust
Trusts which are not registered in India and still willing to apply for PAN are required to have below mentioned copy of documents:
- Registrar of Firms must issue a certificate of Registration or partnership deed
- Approval granted by trusts that are been set up in India or registration certificate issued in India.
Documents for PAN card by an association of persons (Other than Trust) registered in India
(Not a Trust) Association of Person or group of Individuals or any local authority or even artificial juridical person are registered in India requires below-mentioned documents for PAN application:
- Any document which is issued by Central or state government which gives identity along with address of person is valid.
- Copy of Agreement
- Copy of Certificate of Registration Number which is granted by Charity Commissioner. The number which is issued by the Registrar of Co-operative Society or any other competent authority is also a valid document.
Documents for Association of Persons (other than trusts) registered outside India
Documents may vary in accordance with the entity as it is registered outside India. There are no fix documents that are been registered by any higher authority as it changes according to the situation. Association of Persons (Excluding Trust) who are registered outside India can also apply for PAN with help of a copy of below-mentioned documents:
- Certificate of Registration is published by Registrar of forms or copy fo partnership deed.
- Registration Certificate published in India or approval copy granted by Indian authorities.
Can I download PAN card online?
It is possible to apply for E-Pan by applying on NSDL website. It would be received in the mail from where it could be downloaded.
Income tax website also offers E-PAN for fresher and it is not allowed for other PAN card holders.
An applicant who wishes to have E-PAN are required to fill the online form along with processing fees. If the process is successful E-PAN is being sent at the email id.
Please follow the below-mentioned instruction to apply for E-PAN card:
- First, visit the NSDL website and select application type according to requirement and fill status based on it. It could be like “Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data”.
- Next fill all the required information mentioned in a form which includes name, date of birth, email id (Mandatory for E-PAN card). Column with asterisk sign must be filled compulsory.
- On submitting a token will be generated which should be saved for future use. This token number is also sent to registered email id.
- It will be directed to a new page with three option and it must be selected as require day applicator. One should answer with NO for the Physical card if there is need of E-PAN card.
- Other details that are required to enter in the form are an Aadhar number as it is compulsory for one who has chosen for e sign and e KYC. After all, details are entered click on “Next” which will direct to a new page where contact number and other details are to be filled.
- Documents are required for verification and it should be submitted as proof. After declaration click on the submit button.
- Once you recheck your application make the required payment. Debit card, credit card and even net banking is available for payment.
- After successful payment and all authentication is done 15-digit acknowledgment number will be allotted which is used to track status.
How many days does it take to get PAN card?
PAN card requires nearly 15-20 days to get issues after submission of the form. But still it is possible to get a PAN card just within 2 days and it requires to follow the below-mentioned process:
- Go to the NSDL website and click on PAN card form which is appropriate according to requirement.
- After the form is selected just fill all the details asked in the form.
- Next documents are required to be uploaded with the form which will give the acknowledgment along with a unique number.
- Registered post will deliver the PAN card to the address only if documents are verified successfully.
How many days does it take a PAN card to arrive after applying
Many people found that it even took more than a month or two for getting PAN card delivered to address. So, it is better to go for an authorized agency to get PAN card. There was an incident where two friends applied at the same time but one opted for the agency while other went for NSDL website. One who opted for agency got their card within 10 days while for others it took more than 2 months to get a card. It means normal people have to spend a lot of time to get their card. The process is too slow which and even took 2 weeks to get an updated status. Customer supports is not good as it takes nearly 30 minutes to stay online. NSDL websites even take a week to reply to your query through email. It is advisable to pay extra money to opt for agent or consultant to get PAN card within 10 days.
How long does it take to correct PAN card?
- It is possible that the PAN card has the wrong details and its time to change it. So, for correcting PAN card it might take nearly 40 days. Once the application form is submitted to change PAN card the process time is 12-15 days. Once all documents are submitted update process starts in the system. Next Income Tax database is also updated according to the new application. This process makes it nearly 30 days to make changes and get corrected PAN card at address. In case if it is a season like Diwali or Christmas volume of application is increased which will indirectly increase the process time as there are a number of holidays during the festive time.
- As PAN card correction process takes place, an applicant might get a letter from Income tax department to confirm that the details in their Database are different from details submitted in the application which is for correcting PAN card. Applicant needs to give confirmation on it by sending a letter to them which also says to update the Income-tax database according to new details.
- Nowadays it takes even 30-40 days not only to get correction but also to get a new PAN card. It is because of demonetization where everyone is opting for PAN card through NSDL or UTI. One can opt for Brokerage free PAN services and even pre-filled form can also be downloaded free of charge.
How can I get my lost PAN card?
People who lost their PAN Card or willing to get a new card with the same details should opt for the duplicate card. Follow steps to apply for New PAN card:
- “Request for New PAN Card or Changes or correction in PAN Data” form must be filled and submitted. Copy of FIR might also be required to be attached with the form.
- Income Tax Department can help to get PAN number in case card is lost and you don’t remember your pan card number. To get pan number from Income tax department o for www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
- It is even possible to get PAN online only is details like Name, Date of Birth and Father’s Name is known.
- Once PAN number if know it is easy to submit the form after filling all the columns. In the form, none of the boxes which are on left margin should be ticked.
I lost my PAN card and I want a new one with the old PAN number
In case PAN card is lost and willing to have a new one but with same PAN number below mentioned process must be followed:
- To apply for New PAN card original PAN number must be known. If it is not known, go for e-filing website and go for the option Know your PAN. Here enter required details like first name, middle name, last name, date of birth and captcha. On successful verification, it is possible to know PAN number.
- Now it is possible to apply for duplicate PAN card as PAN number is known. There is two option which is like visit PAN center and submit the form with required documents or opt for online form filling.
- The process to apply online is easy as it just requires to have Aadhar card number or digital signature to complete all the procedures.
- NSDL website comes with an option to apply for a duplicate card and so login in the website and upload all required documents.Address proof, ID proof, Proof of Date of Birth, Digital signature, Digital photo are required to be uploaded while applying online.
- Digillocker gives an option to store all soft copy of documents and thus it becomes easy to upload documents directly from it. After successful submission of this details, Aadhar number is entered and verified through OTP.
- The application is e-signed after all verification and now it comes to make an online payment.Completing all process successfully acknowledgment number will be received.
- While opting for NSDL website to apply for duplicate PANand as all details are been uploaded here, there is no need to submit physical copy for documents.PAN card will be received to the address attached as proof.
Can minor apply for PAN card?
Minors are not allowed to apply for PAN card directly and they require parents, guardian or even a representative assessed to apply for PAN behalf f minor. They have to fill 49A form to apply for minor’s PAN card. It will take nearly 20 days to get PAN card delivered to address attached with the form.
Is PAN card necessary for students?
Everyone who goes for file tax returns for refund of tax must have PAN card. Adults who are over 18 years can use PAN as proof of age and identity. Students are allowed to apply for PAN card.
Why PAN card is used?
- Individuals or Firms which are required to file IT returns would need for a PAN card. It is one of the most important reasons that everyone applies for PAN to get refund.
- It is very easy to open any saving or current bank account with help of PAN card. No matter whether it is a private, public or even co-operative bank must surely have PAN card to make it possible.
- It is very important to invest and so if wishing to for mutual funds, bonds or debentures PAN card details are important for transactions that cost more than Rs. 50,000.
- Money exchange bureau, bank, institution requires PAN card details while converting Indian currency to any other foreign currency.
- Details of PAN card are mandated while applying for any debit or credit card even through any financial institution. Even bank does not issue card if PAN details are not being provided.
- Vehicles which are worth more than Rs. 5,00,000 also requires PAN card details no matter whether you are selling or buying it.
- Today proof of Identity is required at every place and PAN is considered as the valid proof. It also shows the age of proof and so is used while applying for a passport, voting card, driving license, etc.
- While purchasing jewelry worth more than Rs. 5,00,000 also required to provide PAN details.
- Planning to invest more than 50,000 in a bank in form of Fixed Deposit also required PAN card. It is very important as TDS is being deducted by bank on interest gained through FD.
- PAN card details are important while making an insurance payment which exceeds Rs 50,000 a year.
- A cash deposit of more than 50,000 at a time also requires to have details of PAN. It is being made compulsory as per RBI rules to prevent laundering.
- PAN card proof is even required while buying, selling or even renting any property. If willing to buy or sell any property PAN card details are required to be listed on the sales deed. While renting property PAN details of a renter is also required.
- PAN card is very important even while applying for a loan. Every bank and other institution that lends loans require PAN card details to get a loan application approved. Not only these but educational and personal loan also requires a PAN card for verification.
- PAN is considered as the valid proof even while applying for new telephone of mobile connection. In this scenario PAN details are compulsory and even cellular operators have made PAN card mandatory.
Is Aadhar card enough for PAN card?
Aadhar card is best to give as identity proof and address proof while applying for PAN card. If Date of Birth is mentioned in Aadhar it could also be used as DOB proof as it is mandatory to give proof of it.
How can I apply for a PAN card?
Today there is need of proof at each and every place and among it, PAN number is very important for all. Financial transaction is also being carried after verifying PAN number.This 10 digits’ unique alphanumeric number is being allotted by Income Tax department. Any individual, company, trust, etc. can get this unique number which is known as PAN number.
Prior, offline form 49A was required to be filled and submitted with required documents to get PAN number. But now the time has been changed as PAN card can be applied online. Once whole processing is completed, acknowledgment receipt if required to send to NSDL or UTIITL agencies which are working under the Income Tax Department. These agencies will help to facilitate PAN application.
Points to consider while applying for PAN through 49A
- Surname must be filled prior to the first name while applying for PAN through 49A form.PAN card would be having the first name followed by Surname
- e-KYC and e-sign are used as it will also haveAadhar details. It does not even require to upload a photo, the signature of other documents as everything linked with Aadhar will automatically be obtained in PAN card.
- It is even possible to go for stand-alone e-sign facility where phot along with sign (Black ink) and other documents are required to be uploaded.
- Minor is not allowed to go or e-KC or e-sign option.
- One who has mobile or email linked with Aadhar can only use e-sign or e-KYC as it will Aadhar will carry out the authentication process.
Is Fir necessary for lost PAN card?
It is not necessary to file a report if PAN card is lost but advisable to go for it as it might help to get back your PAN card. It is possible to get duplicate PAN card by applying for it. But to be safe if PAN card is misused FIR can help out.
Can we get PAN card copy online?
The new applicant is able to get an e-PAN card on their registered email address. But is it not possible for anyone to get PAN card soft copy online. If the card is lost duplicate PAN card could be obtained-PAN means Electronic format PAN card issued by Income Tax Department on basis of Aadhar e-KYC process. It is valid just like PAN card and thus just carrying e-PAN is enough for anyone. In this case, physical PAN card is not received as e-PAN is being offered.
What should I do if I lost my PAN card?
Apply for New PAN card with existing details and PAN number in case original PAN card is been lost. An option of Duplicate PAN card is available while going through NSDL website. After filling the form and attaching required documents if FIR is been reported the copy of it could also be uploaded.
AADHAR Card Lost / Misplaced? Get Duplicate AADHAR Card
It is possible even to apply for duplicate Aadhar copy if it is being lost. In case Aadhar card number is not known go for option “Aadhar No (UID)” or “Enrolment No (EID)”. Next is to fill the form with all basic details along with the registered mobile number.
What should I do if I lost my voter ID card?
- One who has lost their voter card are required to visit the electoral office which is nearby their residence. Copy of Corm EPIC-002 most is collected from office. This form is meant for getting duplicate Voter ID card.
- The form must be filled with all required details which consist of name, address, voter ID card, etc. After attaching all the required documents form must be submitted back at the electoral office.
- A reference number will be given after submission of form which is used for tracking application status.
- At the electoral office, the verification procedure is been conducted and if it is successful duplicate voter’s ID card is issued.
- An applicant would be notified regarding the application process and thus card can be collected from office.
Can I open an account without a PAN card?
It is possible to open a bank account without PAN card but it requires other required documents like Passport, Aadhar card, Voter ID and Driving license. This document is valid if the current residence address is available in these documents. IF the current residential is not same as mentioned in documents any other address proof like telephone bill or electricity bill will be required.
Is PAN card mandatory for passport?
One applying for Passport does not require to submit PAN card. It can be used as proof for date of birth but if the birth certificate is submitted it would also be valid. It could be used as a form of proof for a passport but it is not mandatory.
How can I get my Acknowledgement number of PAN card?
- While applying for PAN card applicant selects the type of it like ‘PAN New’ or ‘Change’.
- Acknowledgment number must be entered.
- Next enter details like name and date of birth in the required format
- Lastly “Submit” must be clicked to check PAN Card status.
Steps to follow to apply for PAN through NSDL website
- Go for NSDL website visit
- Select the form like 49A for individuals residing in India while 49AA for non-residential Individual after clicking on ‘Application Type’. It gives the option to select the category which must be ‘Individual’.
- The form must be filled with all required details like name, date of birth, etc. It is compulsory to fill all the details which have an asterisk sign.
- After details are been filled click on ‘Submit’ button. This will directly generate a token and applicant would not require to click on the link to proceed further. The token number must be saved for future use as in some situation it is possible that token number is not sent through email.
- It will be redirected to a new page which will have three option which is required to be answered for the proceeding application. The questions are as mentioned below:
- Go for paperless submission through e-KYC and e-sign
- Required documents to be forwarded physically
- Go through e-sign where documents are scanned and images are sent for proceeding.
- Further details are to be entered that consist of Aadhar number, parents name as there is an option to get either father or mother’s name on PAN card.
- Now after filing all such details click on ‘Next’. It will come up with a new page where other additional information like income, contact details(mobile number and email), address, etc. would require to be filled. After this click on ‘Next’ button.
- An applicant would not require to enter other details like area code, assessing office type, range code, AO number. This information is required to be filled in accordance with details shown in the window. Click on ‘Next’ button.
- It's time to upload all the required documents along with the photograph and signature of the applicant.
- After uploading all documents it’s time to pay the processing fees which is Rs.115.90 with additional bank charges(For physical documents charges are Rs 100).Payment can be done through debit card, credit card, net banking, and even demand draft.
- After successful payment next is to go for Aadhar authentication process which is through OTP that is sent to registered email or mobile number.
- Lastly, 15 digits’ unique acknowledgment number is allotted which is required to be printed. It is also known as receipt where the applicant is required to sign it and submit to NSDL office. The address is Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune - 411016.
- In case Authentication is not successful, take print of acknowledgment receipt where the photo is to be pasted and the sign is to be done. Photocopy of documents is also required to be uploaded with it.
- Applicant must super-scribe envelope with 'APPLICATION FOR PAN -N-15 DIGIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER' which is then sent through post or courier to NSDL office.
- It takes nearly 15-20 days for complete processing. Tracking of application is possible through visit
How can I apply for lost PAN card?
It is possible to get duplicate PAN is there is old PAN number. To go for Re -apply for PAN card NSDL official website must be visited where “Online Application of PAN” must be selected. Then go for “Reprint of PAN Card” to get the card back.
What is area code in PAN card?
NSDL Tax Information Network (TIN) - Search. AO Code is a combination of Area Code, AO Type, Range Code and AO Number. Applicants for PAN are required to provide the AO code in their application. This information can be obtained from the Income Tax Office.
What is the use of PAN card?
PAN card is mostly used as an identity proof and it is valid till lifetime of PAN card holder. It is also known as universal Identification key as it can easily track all financial transactions that are carried out by an applicant.
Can I get PAN card copy online?
It is not possible to download PAN card online as there is no such service offered yet. But it is possible to get a soft copy of PAN card by scanning your physical PAN card and use it as soft copy. It is even possible to check PAN card details Online by service which is known as “Know Your PAN”.This service is offered by the Income Tax Department.
How can I apply for Aadhar card online?
- The first step to apply for Aadhar card online is to book the appointment and visit the center according to an appointment.UIDAI website can help to book an appointment for you.
- Next is to submit an Aadhar enrolment form along with supporting documents. It mostly consists of age proof, address proof, identity proof.
- Verification will be carried out against submitted documents and information filled in the form.
- The biometric process will be conducted of the applicant where iris scan along with all 10 fingerprints in been takes. Applicants whose age is less than 5 years are not required to go through the biometric process.
- An applicant will have acknowledgment receipt which will have Aadhar enrolment ID.
- Lastly, an applicant would receive Aadhar card on the address which is been attached as proof with form.